The art of dance will help your child succeed in all facets of life. The self discipline required in dance training builds confidence and coordination. The result of proper training and technique produces a strong and healthy body. The gift of dance is one of the best gifts you can give your child.
Fun, Friendly Dancing Lessons for Kids in Dallas…
First Class is Free!
Are your kids interested in learning hip hop, tap or both? Here at Alpha Midway, we offer lessons to suit children of all ages and abilities – whether they’re just starting out, wanting to try a new genre, or have been tapping, breaking, popping and locking for many years already!
We provide students with the option of private and group lessons, as well as pr0grams that run for a number of weeks.
When it comes to kids’ classes we select music that is age appropriate, ensuring the emphasis is on having fun and being one with the music.
Jazz – A technical and stylized dance form using placement, flexibility, precision with the use of rhythmic music.
Lyrical/Contemporary – A combination of ballet,modern and jazz technique bringing spirit and soulfulness into movement.
Ballet – The foundation of all dance, to be studied along with other forms of dance.
Tap – More kids ages. You are the drummer! And will quickly develop coordination and will learn the “weight changes” that carry over into all forms of dance.
Hip Hop – More kids ages. A form of Street Dance often found in music videos.
Drill Team Prep – Precision, kicks, stretching. Jazz for Drilll Team -Technique, Jazz Turns, Leaps, and Axels, will ensure you make Drill Team!
• Ballet: Black leotard and dance belt with black ballet shoes – Capezio or Bloch. White or Black T-Shirt.
• Jazz: Each dancer should own black jazz pants and/or black dance shorts. Black jazz shoes. White or Black T-Shirt. Co dancers should have knee pads in their dance bag.
• Tap: Black flat Capezio or Bloch tap shoes, no jingle taps.
• Hip-Hop – Both girls and boys: Wear loose clothing and bring sweat pants for floor work. Tennis shoes required. (Dancers coming from another class can bring sweats and change shoes.)
• Ballet: Black leotard and pink tights with pink ballet shoes – Capezio or Bloch.
• Jazz: Each dancer should own black jazz pants and/or black dance shorts. Black jazz shoes Capezio or Bloch. Co dancers may need to purchase tan jazz shoes as well TBD.
• Tap: Black flat Capezio or bloch tap shoes; no jingle taps. Young dancers need to have black elastic where the ribbons are so they can slip on shoes and not waste time with retying.