Latin Ballroom Dance classes are conducted in accordance with the international style of dance
All routines taught can be danced either in the social or competition environment.
The dances included in Latin Ballroom but are not limited to the rythms of;
- Cha Cha Cha
- Paso Doble
Beginners Ballroom Dance Course
In our Beginners Ballroom Dance Course you will learn the essential Standard Ballroom and Latin Ballroom steps including mastering body alignment, dance frame and posture.
Ballroom Dance Skills Development
Our Ballroom Beginners Dance Course is perfect for those of you with little or no dance experience, or as a refresher course.
Exact content may differ depending on the duration and pace of class but the topics covered generally include:
- Understanding posture and awareness of the dancing space
- Developing body awareness especially co-ordination of the arms, feet and head
- Learning essential elements of Ballroom dancing such as rise and fall, lock steps and chasse
- Understanding the different timings used in ballroom dancing such as 3/4 and 4/4
- You will continue to receive feedback throughout the course to ensure progression
Footwear and Clothing:
Recommended are trainers / jazz boots or jazz shoes.
Comfortable clothing such as leggings, jazz pants, tight tracksuit bottoms, shorts, crop tops, tight t-shirts are recommended.
Bring a notebook and pen (optional).
There’s no need to bring a partner to join the course.